Tandoori Chicken Skewers Recipe By Soulful and Healthy
Tandoori Chicken Skewers Recipe By Soulful and Healthy. A wonderful traditional recipe by Shilpa, full of flavour and so colourful. Making anyone happy at the dinner table, no doubt.
– 3 large free range chicken breasts
– 1 red pepper
– 1 green pepper
– 1 yellow pepper
– 1 red onion
– 1 to 2 tbsp Melted butter or ghee
– 4 to 5 skewers
– 1 cup natural yogurt
– 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli (add more if you like)
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp ground coriander powder
– 1 tsp ground turmeric
– 1 tsp chickpeas/ gram flour (optional)
– 1/2 tsp ground pepper
– 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
– 1 big tbsp ginger and garlic paste
– Juice of half lemon
– Salt to taste
1. Chop the chicken, peppers and onion into chunks about 1 inch by 1 inch pieces.
2. Mix all the ingredients under marinate using a wire whisk so everything is well combined.
3. Add the chicken, peppers and onion and mix well. Let it marinate for at least 3 hours even better if kept overnight in the refrigerator.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
5. If using wooden skewers soak them in water for at least 30 mins.
6. Skew the chicken, peppers and onions one by one to the skewers.
7. Use the grill mode if making it in the oven and grill for 30 mins. At halfway through (15 mins) use a pastry brush apply melted butter or ghee and turn the skewers and grill for another 15 mins.
8. If making on a barbecue, should take 15 to 20 mins. Again keep turning it around so it cooks evenly and brush melted butter or ghee every time you turn it.
9. Serve as a starter with raita or as a main dish along with cooked basmati rice. Enjoy!
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring, That’s what I told myself when I started blogging three years ago. I share healthy recipes, inspirations and ideas from my little kitchen in Dublin. With a cultural mix at home my recipes are not specific to one cuisine alone. I discovered so many wonderful ways of cooking which are all very healthy and not compromising on taste. Most of my recipes are gluten free, sugar free and diary free. I still enjoy treats from time to time but not at the cost of my health. I found a right balance between enjoying good food and also eating more organic and wholesome food. Hope you enjoy my recipes as much as I enjoy making them.