Sweet and Spicy Thai Sticky Chicken Recipe from Siucra
Spice up your week with this mouth-watering Thai Sticky Chicken recipe from Siúcra. Sweet, salty, crispy, sticky and a little bit spicy – it covers all the bases for one of those meals that everyone polishes off. Tastier than that naughty takeaway and super simple to make, this dish is infused with authentic Thai flavours. Go on, tantalize your taste buds with a taste of Thailand!
For the chicken
– 15g packet fresh coriander
– 1 green chili, seeded and chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, chopped
– 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled and chopped
– 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
– 50g Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar
– 6 chicken thighs, trimmed
– 1 tsp sunflower oil
For the dipping sauce
– 2 tsp white vinegar (rice or wine)
– juice of ½ lime
– 2 tbsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 1 red bird’s eye chili, finely sliced
– Steamed Thai fragrant rice
– Pomegranate seeds and sesame seeds
1. Reserve a handful of the coriander leaves for the dipping sauce, then roughly chop the remainder and put into a food processor. Add the chili, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar and blend to a paste. Spoon all over the chicken thighs in a shallow Pyrex dish and if time allows leave to marinade for 10 minutes at room temperature. If preparing the day before, cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge.
2. To make the dipping sauce, put the Siúcra Caster Sugar in a pan with 2 tablespoons of water and simmer for a few minutes to make a sugar syrup. Then stir in the vinegar, lime juice and chili. Leave to cool and stir in the coriander leaves.
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Drizzle the sunflower oil over the chicken thighs and roast for 35 minutes until cooked through and golden brown, basting occasionally to give them a nice sticky glaze.
4. Arrange the chicken on plates or in oriental bowls with the rice and scatter pomegranate seeds and sesame seeds on top. Put the dipping sauce in small dishes alongside to serve.