In celebration of Dublin Pride Festival taking place this month, The Meeting House Dublin has launched a one-of-a-kind, limited edition Pride Punch cocktail, from award-winning mixologist Aaron Wall.
Setting festival-goers back by just €6.66, the Pride Punch premium quality cocktail is bright, bold and uplifting, to capture the spirit of Irish pride. Made with Teelings Small Batch Irish Whiskey, raspberry, lime, and bitters, topped with homemade grapefruit soda and a deliciously edible Pride flag, this cocktail is perfect for getting you in a celebratory mood!
The Meeting House will also host a Pride Power Brunch, from 11am to 4pm on the day of Pride Parade, 27th June, where all guests will receive a complimentary Pride Punch cocktail with brunch. Guests will also enjoy some Pride-worthy performances, while top DJ’s spin throughout the day.
Situated on Sycamore Street in the heart of Temple Bar creative quarter, The Meeting House injects new flair and creativity into Dublin’s dining scene, offering Burmese haute-cuisine and world-class cocktails to the discerning reveller.
For more information on the Pride Power Brunch see www.themeetinghouse.ie
Here is Aaron’s recipe which you can re create at home.
– 200ml Teeling Whiskey
– 80ml fresh lime juice
– 100 ml raspberry puree (or 12 mashed raspberries with a dash of sugar syrup, to taste)
– 200 ml grapefruit soda
– 12 dashes angostura bitters
– Bunch of mint
– 1 whole grapefruit
– Ice cubes
– Slice grapefruit into thin wedges and leave to one side
– Line base of cocktail shaker (or jam jar) with 12 raspberries, then coat with a dash of sugar syrup or four teaspoons of caster sugar, to taste.
– Mash the raspberries and sugar into a puree.
– Add Teeling Whiskey, bitters and lime juice to the mix
– Add ice cubes to chill the mixture
– Shake your cocktail shaker or sealed jam jar vigorously
– Pour cocktail mixture equally into four tall Collins glasses
– Top up each cocktail with grapefruit soda, to the brim
– Garnish with sprig of mint and grapefruit wedges