So incredibly simple to make, naturally sweet with an awesome chewy texture, these Bounty Bars one of the best protein bars I’ve made to date! Just because it’s the holiday/Christmas season doesn’t mean we have to start diving head first into the tin of chocolates or mountains of desserts on offer. Have something indulgent, delicious and healthy at the ready and feel nourished, energised!
Makes 3 bars
– 4.5 tbsp (45g) Pulsin Whey Protein Concentrate; this is unflavoured, unsweetened protein
– 3/4 cup (60g) unsweetened desiccated coconut
– 45ml – 60ml (3 tbsp – 1/4 cup) water
– Pinch of vanilla powder or 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (completely optional)
– 1.5 bars Dr Coys Coconut Chocolate bars; approx. 45-50g (1.5 – 1.8oz)
1. Mix together coconut, whey protein and vanilla if using.
2. Add 45 ml of water, mix to combine; add a little more water to achieve a slightly sticky dough consistency. You should be able to mould it with your hands though you will need to dampen them to prevent them getting too sticky!
3. Mould the mixture into three bars/blocks. Place onto a parchment paper lined plate or tray and put into the freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, finely chop the chocolate, place into a microwave safe bowl or jug and heat on high for 2 – 2.5 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
5. Remove the bars from the freezer. One at a time dunk in the chocolate, lifting up and shaking off the excess using a large fork.
6. Gently place back onto the baking paper lined plate or tray. Repeat with remaining two bars.
7. Drizzle bars with any remaining chocolate. Allow to set at room temperature for 10 minutes or place in to the fridge; depending on the climate!
8. Store in the fridge in a seal tight container for up to one week or the freezer for up to one month.
I’m Shel but some people call me “Peachy”…I’m the food loving, fitness fanatic, blogger behind Peachy Palate, a website which is now my hub for all the paleo, keto and grain free recipes I create, hoping to inspire people to think outside the box, eating whole foods that truly nourish. Fueled by a desire to improve my own health I love to create sweet and savoury recipes, sharing them with the world ensuring no one need feel deprived regardless of their dietary restrictions or preferences. Living in Wicklow, Ireland, when not dreaming up recipes I’m lifting with the men folk in my local gym, tapped into social media or out on the road delivering, merchandising and being a super duper brand ambassador for a local health food company.
My relationship with food wasn’t always so bright, in fact it wasn’t at all harmonious for quite sometime. Having overcome a decade of eating disorders I’m in the best place I’ve ever been. I’m happy, healthy, confident and I now enjoy every nourishing mouthful, giving my body what it needs. One of my favourite quotes from a sensational foodie … “Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.” Julia Child. Life, love and food! www.peachypalate.com