Pistachio and Orange Truffle Bites Recipe by Deliciously Ella
This pistachio and orange truffle bites recipe makes for an excellent post-dinner treat to serve with tea and coffee. They’re gooey and indulgent with an ever-so-slightly chewy texture inside and a crunchy outside. They have smooth chocolatey centres and are rolled in crumbled pistachios to give the perfect finish.
– 50g pistachio nuts
– 12 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
– Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed orange, plus juice of ½ orange
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
1. Put the nuts in a food processor and whizz to a crumb-like consistency (don’t worry if they’re not all the same size, they’re for the truffle coating, so different-sized crumbs will add character!). Tip them into a bowl and set aside.
2. Throw the dates, orange zest, coconut oil and cacao powder into the processor and whizz it all together. If it gets stuck, use a spatula to push it down towards the blades again and give it another whizz.
3. When it’s starting to stick together, squeeze in the orange juice and whizz again until it’s a nice sticky consistency that you can roll into balls.
4. Get a baking sheet ready and wet your hands slightly so that the mixture is easy to roll into balls. Use a teaspoon to get a nice amount together and roll it into a ball.
5. Drop into the nut crumbs and roll it around to coat. Set it on the baking sheet. Repeat to use all the mix.
6. Place the baking sheet in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Mix it Up:
You can use any nuts you have to hand if you don’t want to buy pistachios, but the colour of the pistachios makes these look fancy! Or use a mix of chopped pistachios and cashews with pistachio nibs if you want to go all out with eye-catchingly different textures.
Launched in January 2017, the much-anticipated new cookbook from Deliciously Ella, the inspirational bestselling food writer who has taken the cookery world by storm.
Ella makes life simple with her menus – whether you are planning a laid-back brunch, a last-minute lunch or a fancy supper, she has it covered with hearty and filling recipes that celebrate her natural eating philosophy. With ideas and inspiration for every foodie occasion, including cosy nights in for one, easy kitchen suppers, birthday parties, picnics and mocktails and cocktails, this is the go-to book for anyone who wants to make simpler, healthier food choices – that they can enjoy with friends and family.
Deliciously Ella with Friends is available to buy on Amazon.