Turkey Bolognese Recipe from The Wonky Spatula
I absolutely love bolognese and this Turkey Bolognese recipe is the perfect way to get back on track after an indulgent weekend! Whip yourself up a batch this evening and you have prepped for the remainder of the week!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
– 4 stalks of celery, finely sliced
– 1 red onion, finely sliced
– 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 80g bacon lardons
– 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (400g)
– 1 tin of tomato puree (150g)
– 400g turkey mince
– 2 tsp ground nutmeg
– 2 tsp Italian herbs
– 1 bay leaf
– Pinch of coarse salt
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– Fresh basil to garnish
1. In a large frying pan heat the olive oil, add the lardons and cook for 2-3 minutes until they begin to brown.
2. Next, add the celery, onion & garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding to a large saucepan.
3. Place the frying pan back on the heat and brown the mushrooms for one minute a side.
4. Add the mushrooms to the saucepan along with the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, bay leaf, nutmeg and Italian herbs and place over a low heat with 50ml of water.
5. Lightly saute the turkey mince with a large pinch of coarse salt, in your frying pan until fully cooked before adding it to the saucepan.
6. Stir the mixture until combined and bring to the boil.
7. Reduce the sauce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked and the sauce has thickened.
8. Serve and enjoy with some courgette noodles and basil garnish!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!