Turkey Chilli Recipe by Sadie’s Kitchen
Turkey mince is a great source of protein and is a super lean alternative to beef mince. Serve your turkey chilli with mash for the ultimate comfort food or swap out for wholegrain rice for a healthier option. The bright colours will help beat the Winter blues and the spices are super for fighting cold and clearing the sinuses.
– 400g turkey mince
– 1 white onion
– 1 green pepper
– 1 red pepper
– 1 yellow pepper
– 1 sweet potato
– 5 cloves of garlic
– 1 can tomatoes
– 1 can kidney beans
– 1 pint chicken stock/Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
– 1 bunch coriander
– 2 tsp cumin
– 2 tsp smoked paprika
– 1 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1 tsp turmeric
– 1 tsp pimenton agridulce (bittersweet)
– 1 pinch salt and pepper
1. Chop your (peeled) onion, peppers, garlic and sweet potato.
2. Heat a medium sized pot and add your chopped onion. Gently sauté with a little salt.
3. Add your mince and spices and cook until the mince is sealed.
4. Add your chopped veggies, chicken stock, canned tomatoes and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce to a simmer and add your kidney beans and coriander stalks.
6. Leave to simmer, stirring occasionally for 2 hours, add a freshly squeezed lime before stirring.
Serve with guacamole and a sprinkle of grated cheese on top.
Sadie’s Kitchen is an Irish owned company specialising in 100% natural and nourishing bone broths. Salt, sugar, gluten, dairy, preservative free & Paleo, Sadie’s Kitchen bone broths are a convenient alternative to processed stocks which can also be enjoyed on their own as a comforting and healing hot drink.
Founder Sarah Kiely has created a range of soothing broths that will help to heal and improve your digestive health while banishing colds and flu. Packed full of nutrients and rich in collagen, Sadie’s Kitchen bone broths are good for your whole body, inside and out.