If you love your spiralizer and lightening up dishes with clever starchy carb swaps, you simply can’t afford not to invest in the newest gadget from KitchenAid – The Vegetable Sheet Cutter. A slick and easy to use attachment for your stand mixer, the cutter makes thick and thin sheets out of veggies like courgette, sweet potato, cucumber and carrot.
This attachment is the perfect way to get more vegetables on your plate and the recipe ideas are endless. This Vegan Courgette Rainbow Rolls recipe is my new packed lunch go-to, and feels like far more of a treat than a soggy sandwich.
Thin courgette sheets encase a deliciously crunchy mix of raw carrot, spring onion, cucumber, red cabbage and peppers (hello five a day!) with a hit of protein from some firm tofu. Carnivores can replace this with turkey or pork, and if you have a pack to hand, prawns work beautifully in this dish too.
– 2 thick courgettes
– 1 large carrot
– 2 peppers, red and yellow
– 2 spring onions
– 200g firm tofu
– 1 bunch coriander
– 1 bunch mint
– 1/2 a cucumber
– 150g crunchy peanut butter
– 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
– 3 tbsp coconut milk
– Squeeze of lime
1. Attach the Vegetable Sheet Cutter to your KitchenAid mixer, selecting the thin sheet blade.
2. Cut each courgette in half, skewer and place into the cutter, turning the motor to setting 1 to slowly slice the courgette into thin sheets. I save the cores and throw them in to sauces and stir fries, so there’s no waste!
3. Slice your carrot, cucumber, peppers and spring onion into matchsticks and thinly slice red cabbage. Cut your tofu into chunky sticks for a nice bite.
4. Lay your courgette sheet on a chopping board and starting at the left end of the sheet, arrange your vegetables and tofu, topped with fresh coriander and mint. Carefully roll up the sheet, then cut the roll in half. Repeat until you have used up all the sheets.
5. To make the satay sauce, loosen the peanut butter with coconut milk in a bowl, then mix in the ginger and lime, seasoning to taste.
6. Serve the rolls with the dipping sauce or pack them up in your lunchbox for an al desko feast!
Visit brownthomas.com to add to your KitchenAid culinary hub collection.
Growing up with the name Darina, I was constantly asked if I could cook like my namesake. I am the only person to have contested both Masterchef and the Great Irish Bake Off and am passionate about discovering and creating delicious things – I can sometimes be caught in the act on TV3’s Six O’Clock Show or RTE Today. Working with TheTaste allows me to satisfy this craving and marries my food fascination with my love of writing and ranting. Follow me on my pursuit of deliciousness.