Vegan Friendly Gluten Free Waffles Recipe from the Peachy Palate
Thick doughy, crispy on the outside with a nice light chew, this waffles recipe isn’t light and fluffy but much more satisfying with a nice protein hit! A perfect high carb post training breakfast, brunch, lunch or brinner!
Serves 1-2 people and 3 thick hearty waffles
– 60g buckwheat flour
– 10g arrowroot starch
– 20g white rice flour
– 125ml water or unsweetened almond milk
– 2 tbsp (40g) apple puree
– ½ tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
– 10g honey, or use maple syrup to keep these vegan friendly
– ¼ tsp cinnamon
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Blend together all waffle ingredients.
3. Grease waffle iron with spray cooking oil.
4. Pour batter into waffle iron; I got three thick Belgian style waffles. Cooking time will vary depending on waffle iron and thickness of waffles as will amount of waffles created. I cooked mine for 8 minutes. Do not open waffle iron for at least the first 4 minutes, although it might be tempting!
5. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve topped with dairy free yogurt, honey and berries!
I’m Shel but some people call me “Peachy”…I’m the food loving, fitness fanatic, blogger behind Peachy Palate, a website which is now my hub for all the paleo, keto and grain free recipes I create, hoping to inspire people to think outside the box, eating whole foods that truly nourish. Fueled by a desire to improve my own health I love to create sweet and savoury recipes, sharing them with the world ensuring no one need feel deprived regardless of their dietary restrictions or preferences. Living in Wicklow, Ireland, when not dreaming up recipes I’m lifting with the men folk in my local gym, tapped into social media or out on the road delivering, merchandising and being a super duper brand ambassador for a local health food company.
My relationship with food wasn’t always so bright, in fact it wasn’t at all harmonious for quite sometime. Having overcome a decade of eating disorders I’m in the best place I’ve ever been. I’m happy, healthy, confident and I now enjoy every nourishing mouthful, giving my body what it needs. One of my favourite quotes from a sensational foodie … “Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.” Julia Child. Life, love and food! www.peachypalate.com
[TT-FOURBLOCK ID=”124956, 117684, 144853, 103137″]