The weather is already starting to brighten up and this Veggie Frittata recipe is like sunshine on a plate! It is bursting with tonnes of delicious veggies and is sure to put a smile on your face! This frittata recipe is also Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
– 3 large free range eggs
– 1 avocado
– 8-10 santini or cherry tomatoes
– 1 bell pepper
– Large handful of collard greens
– 1 tsp hot chili flakes (or more if you’re in the mood to spice things up!!)
– 1/2 tsp garlic granules
– Small handful of fresh coriander
– 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil
– Optional: pinch of coarse salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180°c/360°F.
2. Dice the avocado, half the tomatoes and cut the pepper into small chunks.
3. Heat an oven proof pan with the coconut oil – it may seem like a lot but trust me it is the only way that your frittata will slide nicely out of the pan afterwards!
4. Add the pepper to the pan and lightly sauté with the chili flakes and the garlic. After about 1-2 minutes add the greens.
5. Once they wilt down nicely add the avocado and tomatoes and mix well.
6. Whisk the eggs and pour over the veggies.
7. Using a wooden spoon gently push the veggies around the pan to ensure that the egg gets all the way to the bottom. (If the vegetables are not all covered by egg, simply add another in) Sprinkle the coriander on top once the eggs have settled.
8. Turn the pan to a low heat and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until the eggs are almost cooked. (It should be cooked all around the edges at this stage and slightly runny in the centre)
9. Run a spatula around the edge of the pan to loosen the sides of the frittata before placing in the oven for 5-6 minutes, until the eggs are fully cooked.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before sliding out of the pan, serve and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!