This salad recipe is ideal for a light lunch or dinner, and it offers a colourful and nutrient rich vegetarian alternative.
– 3 clementines
– 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
– 200 g halloumi, chopped
– 250 g puy lentils
– 1 tbsp chopped dill
– 1 tbsp chopped parsley
– 100 g pomegranate seeds
1. Grate the zest of 1 clementine into a bowl, and squeeze in the juice.
2. Whisk with the red wine vinegar, olive oil, mustard and seasoning.
3. Peel and segment the remaining clementines
4. Dry-fry the halloumi chunks in a frying pan, turning often until golden on all sides.
5. Add the clementine segments, and fry for 1-2 mins.
6. Remove the halloumi and clementines from the pan, then tip in the Puy lentils and the dressing.
7. Warm through for a few minutes, then toss in the fresh herbs and the pomegranate seeds.
8. Transfer to a serving platter, and top with the halloumi and clementines.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie