Evoke summer memories with this light, fruity and fresh Watermelon and Strawberry Jam Recipe from Siúcra. The watermelon adds deliciously refreshing notes making it the perfect accompaniment to your favourite summer dessert, just stir in and enjoy this homemade heavenly snack. With Siúcra’s Sure Set jam sugar, this jam is incredibly easy to make and is ready in minutes. #allsetwithsiucra
– 250g watermelon
– 250g strawberries
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 300g Siúcra Sure Set Sugar
1. Chop and deseed the watermelon.
2. Hull and slice the strawberries.
3. Place in a pan and blend together using a hand blender.
4. Add the Siúcra Sure-Set Sugar and juice of one lemon.
5. Stir and boil for 3–6 minutes or until the jam has set.
6. Skim off any foam.
7. Pour the jam into hot, thoroughly cleaned jars.
8. Seal and keep cool.
– To prevent contamination and lengthen the shelf life of homemade jams, it’s important to sterilise the storage jars. Wash them in hot, soapy water and rinse well but do not dry. Instead, leave them to stand upside down on a baking sheet while they’re still wet. op the tray of clean, wet jars and lids into a preheated oven at 140°C / 120°C fan for approximately 15 minutes.