Watermelon Gin Slushie Cocktail Recipe from Sugar & Shots
The sun has been shining bright in little old Ireland these last few days. Considering all the rain we get, nothing entices me to make a colorful cocktail recipe more than some sunshine! Just imagine sitting outside and sipping on one of these. Pure bliss.
One of our favourite restaurants in Galway has a fantastic gin slushie and I thought to myself, I could make something like this at home? Thus, the watermelon slushie was born!
There are a couple different ways to make this but this is by far the easiest. I use Watermelon Rubicon in this recipe. If you can’t find this you can substitute it with some watermelon juice and a little simple syrup to sweeten.
– 1 measure of gin
– Handful of ice
– 1 cup watermelon rubicon
– Lemon juice, to taste. I used the juice of half a lemon
– Wedge of lime to garnish
1. Place your ice, watermelon and lemon juice into the blender.
2. Now blitz until the ice is completely crushed. Depending on the consistency you want, blend for longer or less time.
3. Blend it until the ice is completely crushed and then add the gin and give it a couple extra whirls. You should now have a beautifully blended, pink gin cocktail.
4. All that’s left is to pour it into your glass of choice and add a wedge of lime to garnish.
Sugar & Shots is one of Ireland’s newest food & drink blogs. It is co-created by sisters, Aisling and Eilis Wallis. Sugar & Shots is a collaboration of recipes, food reviews and food photography. They aim to be a directory of the best places to eat and drink in Ireland, starting off in the quirky and quaint city of Galway!
Aisling has a penchant for photographing beautiful images of food and creating tasty cocktail recipes while Eilis aims to share her road to vegetarianism and favourite spots to eat. Read more about Sugar & Shots here: sugarandshots.com