Persimmons are a sweet, mild-flavored fruits, which originate from Asia, that are in season between November and February. Take advantage of their seasonality by making these simple, delicious and coeliac friendly Whipped Yoghurt Persimmon Tarts.
Makes 3 mini tartlets
Gluten Free Base
– 1 cup of almond flour
– 1 small egg
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 2 tbsp natural live yoghurt
– 2 tsp cream
– beetroot powder – optional
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C. In a large bowl mix the gluten free base ingredients until a dough forms. If it’s too wet add almond flour, a little of at a time, until it’s the right consistency.
2. Using your fingers, press the dough into the cases and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden.
3. In the meantime, whisk the yoghurt and cream together until soft peaks form.
4. Once the pastry cases are cooked, leave to cool and then fill with your yoghurt/cream mix.
5. Thinly slice the persimmon and layer on top or simply place on top. Add a sprinkling of beetroot powder and enjoy.
Jette Virdi is a Dublin-based food stylist and creative entrepreneur. With a portfolio including clients such as Rozanna Purcell, Rachel Allen and Bord Bia, she’s your girl if you need an evocative image or event. Well known within the food industry, she consults with Irish brands to create and style recipes, to design and manage product launches and and hosts creative corporate workshops that boost productivity and team performance in the workplace. For more information and to contact Jette for a project go to jettevirdi.com. For more recipes visit her blog.