Handpicked by their team, the Christmas Day Gold Wine Box has all the wines you’ll need to go with your Christmas dinner this year – match them with good friends and great food for the perfect food and wine paired Christmas dinner!
There’s Cava to start and a perfectly matched New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc for the typical festive starters like smoked salmon. When it comes to turkey with all of the trimmings, they’ve chosen some gems from France including an award winning Bordeaux Superior. Finish it off with a luscious Australian Shiraz to go with your cheese!
Each box comes complete with a full set of tasting notes from the WineOnline team so you can talk the family through each glass on the day.
To be in with a chance to win one of two Christmas Day Gold Box’s from WineOnline.ie enter today…..
WineOnline also offer a Platinum Christmas Day Box and a Special Reserve Christmas Day Box if you really want to push the boat out this Christmas Day. These boxes include a special bottle of champagne and a late bottled vintage port and also come complete with a full set of tasting notes.
Ideal as a gift for the Christmas Day host or just for your own family to enjoy, and WineOnline can deliver anywhere in the country to ensure you have it in time for the big day. All Christmas Day boxes have a minimum of 30% off from now until Christmas, starting at €100. For more on all of these great offers visit www.wineonline.ie.
So be in to win! Enter today to be in with a chance to win one of two Gold Boxes up for grabs. Read more about this special selection below:
1. Codorniu Cava, Penendes, Spain – Get things Started
Start the day with one of Spains finest Cava’s. A good cava is made from premium quality grapes. That’s why Codorníu carefully selects its grapes and manages its vineyards meticulously. Celebrate Christmas by starting the day with a glass of effervescent bubbles in your glass.
2. Pencarrow Estate Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand – The Starter White
We’ve included this Sauvignon because it will work so well as an aperitif wine, or a wine with food for Starters. It will work so well with creamy dishes, or any seafood as well. The high acidity in Pencarrow Sauvignon cuts creamy sauces and it is such a versatile wine. Very different in style to Marlborough Sauvignon, because it is from Martinborough, everything changes – The Wine, the style, the elegance and the length.
3. Mont Rocher Viognier, France – The Main Course White
Southern France, with its multifarious regions, indigenous grapes, cultures and traditions is home to some of the most exciting, characterful wines in the world at present. This very aromatic Viognier produces its aromas at a certain stage of maturation. The result? A highly aromatic wine and uncomplex wine that will match wonderfully with Turkey and Ham. A haunting honeysuckle and apricot aroma and rich, almost unctuous palate that is somehow still dry, tangy and refreshing.
4. Santa Macarena Pinot Noir, Chile – The Starter Red
The Santa Macarena Pinot Noir from a small coastal vineyard in San Antonio, Espinos yCardos, is their first single estate offering. It is a classy, light Pinot Noir that will work really well with Starters or main course, as Turkey being lighter than other main courses will enjoy this wine. Pinot Noir and Turkey are known to work together and this match is perfectly weighted.
5. Chateau Roc de Levraut Bordeaux Superieur – The Main course Red
What Christmas Day wine Box would be complete without a bottle of classic Christmas Claret. Chateau Roc De Levraut is elegant and smooth. It will enjoy being opened up to 8 hours before you drink it, as it will open up really well. It is a second generation family owned winery and we have imported it for 7 years now. We have followers that come back again and again for this wine.
6. Kellys Patch Shiraz – The Cheeseboard Red
The grapes for this Shiraz were picked and crushed during the cool of night, thus ensuring the retention of varietal character, while modern winemaking techniques were employed throughout, all of which help to create the signature McPherson style. This wine was aged on American oak for approximately 8 months, giving the wine a noticeable, but not an excessive oak influence. The inclusion of some central Victorian fruit into the blend has boosted both the colour. Enjoy this with your cheeseboard to round off the meal. Perfect for the richer wine loving people in your house for Christmas – this is one they’ll love.
For your chance to win this prize simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Share this competition on Twitter or Facebook:
Step 2: Complete our competition form
This competition is now closed… The winner is Faith Quille!
– Share on social media to be in with a chance to win
– Closing date for entries is midnight December 18th
– Overall winner will be announced December 19th
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for TheTaste ezine updates and the competition promoters ezines
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age
– This prize is non-transferable, no portion of this certificate is refundable or redeemable in cash
– Prize is subject to availability
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste.
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid