The Calveys of Achill Island rear flocks of mountain sheep who live outdoors in the open and the wild. They graze over 20,000 hectares from the heather hill tops to the rocky sea shores abundant with seaweeds. The Calveys have their own abattoir in Keel, ensuring that the lambs are butchered using old fashioned traditional methods where almost everything is done by hand.
Calvey’s Achill Mountain Lamb™ is protected by registered trademark; a sign of true provenance and superb quality. This year, the family celebrates 150 years over seven generations of hill farming on Achill Island. Martin Calvey himself has been tending his sheep for over 60 years. His daughter Grainne is one of Ireland’s few female craft butchers.
Top chefs across Ireland like Philippe Farineau at Ashford Castle and Gary O’Hanlon at Viewmount House use Calvey’s Achill Mountain Lamb™ but so too do hundreds of home cooks who make the most of every cut they are sent in a freezer-ready box. The Calveys believe the ultimate respect you can show for an animal is to eat as much of it as you can.
We have a hamper of Calvey’s Achill Mountain Lamb™ products to give away. Each box will contain:
– Butterflied Full Leg
– Boned Rump
– French Trimmed Racks
– Artisan Burgers and Sausages
– Fresh Lambs Liver
– Gigot Chops
– Kidney and Heart
– Diced Neck
– Boned, rolled and tied Shoulder
– Centre Loin Cutlets
– and a special booklet of recipes by some of Ireland’s best loved chefs
To win this hamper simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Share this competition on Twitter or Facebook:
Step 2: Enter your details below
This competition has now closed – Congratulations to the winner Adam Moursy!
Terms and Conditions
– Share on social media to be in with a chance to win
– Closing date for entries is midnight 26th August 2016
– Overall winner(s) will be announced at 10pm 27th August 2016
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for TheTaste ezine updates and the competition promoters (Calvey’s Achill Mountain Lamb™) ezines
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age.
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary.
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste.
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.