THIS IS NOW CLOSED.
Exclusive to Fire Restaurant Céide Mountain Lamb come from the spectacular North Mayo Coast. They graze between Erris Head and the surrounding area of the market town of Ballycastle. This is an ancient landscape inhabited continuously by the very earliest inhabitants of Ireland to the present day. The first farmers, arriving in Ireland about 6000 years ago, arrived by sea onto the West coast with their calves and sheep from mainland Europe to settle here.
The lambs live on the mountains, largely left alone from human intervention, from the day they are born to their last weeks when we bring them down for slaughter. The lambs are born in late spring and are ready for slaughter by September. This is their natural season and is different to early Spring lambs which are reared more intensively.
The farmers work extremely closely with the local farmers, all of whom we know personally. Through Declan Caulfield, one of the farmers, we co-ordinate the buying of lambs from the area. They meet in September each year to forecast for the following year, in order to ensure a long term sustainable partnership. Currently, they deal with 6 individual farmers with a strategy to roll this out to other neighbouring farms along the North Mayo Coast, who share the same philosophy and geographic location. The farmers hand select each lamb as they come off the mountain to make sure they are in perfect condition for slaughter. They slaughter less than half an hour’s drive from where the lambs have spent their life grazing, thus ensuring minimum stress to the animal. The factory is E.U. approved and James Kenny, our butcher, takes personal responsibility for the butchery of each lamb, ensuring the best quality for you. This part of the North West of Ireland is a magical part of our Island, made so by the dramatic landscape, the people and of course by its outstanding Céide Mountain Lambs.
This is why Fire Restaurant has selected Céide Mountain lamb for it’s delicious Sunday roast and is the only venue in the city where this can be tasted from Monday 12/10/15. For your chance to win a succulent Lamb dinner dinner of any of the following:
Roast Leg of North Mayo Lamb (Serves 3 people)
– Simply Studded with a little rosemary and garlic before Roasting to perfection
– Accompained by Dripping Roast Potatoes Steamed to a floury centre before roasting in all the flavours from our beef for a crispy outer coating
– Sinful creamy mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetable pot & fresh herb stuffing loaf
– Roast gravy, just as Mammy used to make, taking all the flavours from the roasting pan ready to smother your Lamb
Pan Seared Céide Mountain Lamb
– Pan Seared Loin of North Mayo Lamb Encrusted in Fine Herbs
– Crisp Potato Maxime and Creamed Parsnip Puree
– With a Lamb and Balsamic Glaze
Grilled Shoulder Céide Mountain Lamb
– Grilled Shoulder steak of North Mayo Lamb
– Colcannon Potatoes with North county Dublin Kale
– Sweet Turnip Fondant, Finsihed with Shallot and Rosemary Lamb Jus
Céide Mountain Lamb Platter
– Prime Cuts of North Mayo Lamb Platter
– Roast Rack with Seared Loin and herb crusted Lamb fillet
– Accomapnied by Watercress Puree and Lamb Jus
– Served with Turnip and Potato Gratin, Sautéed Green Beans
To win simply follow the steps below:
Step 1: Share this competition on Twitter or Facebook
Step 2: Enter your details below
Terms and Conditions
– Share on Twitter or Facebook to be in with a chance to win
– Prize cannot be exchanged for cash
– Closing date for entries is midnight on 29th 0ctober 2015
– Overall winner(s) will be announced at 10pm on 30th October 2015
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for TheTaste ezine updates and the competition promoters (Fire Restaurant) ezines
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age.
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid
THE WINNER IS SIOBHAN CURRAN MORAN