Castle Durrow Hotel, is now one of Ireland’s most luxurious Irish Country House Hotels and is located just one hour from Dublin, in the midlands of Ireland, adjoining the quaint village of Durrow, County Laois.
Built by Captain William Flower in 1716, Castle Durrow Country House Hotel has been completely restored and decorated by Peter & Shelly Stokes in a comfortable, relaxing and contemporary style with modern way of life and fashion in mind without overlooking its past.
The informal mood makes your enjoyment of the Irish Countryside a delight. Our pleasure gardens, river walks and adjoining woodland are terrific for working up your appetite & thirst to be satisfied by our award winning chef Graham Gallagher.
Castle Durrow’s Restaurant overlooks their magnificent gardens, and has a relaxed and very informal vibe. From their seasonally changing menu, the restaurant serves regional and international dishes; all prepared from the finest local produce with herbs and vegetables from Castle Durrow’s own kitchen garden, complemented by their carefully selected wines.
To celebrate the launch of Castle Durrow’s new seasonal menus, they are offering a one night package for two people on Monday May 2nd 2016 to give away.
The prize includes: a four course meal in Castle Durrow’s award winning restaurant, an overnight stay in one of their individually decorated and furnished bedrooms, and a luxurious breakfast the next morning; where you can sample Castle Durrow’s buffet breakfast of fruits, cereals, smoked meats & fish, and their now famous cooked full Irish breakfast.
For your chance to win simply follow the steps:
Step 1: Share this competition on Twitter or Facebook:
Step 2: Enter your details below
Read Our Review of Castle Durrow
Country houses are in no short supply in Ireland, it’s the one thing that we may have to thank the English for. Striking architecture, manicured gardens, stately rooms and an air of stuffiness are generally the images conjured up when mentioned. And let’s be honest in most well maintained cases that is often the case. However as we found out this we...
Terms and Conditions
– Share on social media and fill in form to be in with a chance to win
– The prize is B&B on Monday May 2nd to Tuesday 3rd May 2016
– The prize includes a four course dinner and full Irish breakfast
– Closing date for entries is midnight 27th April 2016
– Overall winner(s) will be announced at 10pm on 28th April 2016
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for TheTaste ezine updates and the competition promoters (Castle Durrow Country House Hotel) ezines
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid
THE WINNER IS …. DONAL SCANLAN