Are you a food obsessive with a flair for writing about all things delicious? If so, we want you! TheTaste is looking to give one lucky food lover the chance to take a bite out of the work we do here at Ireland’s leading online food and drink magazine.
The successful candidate will fit right in with our small, close-knit team and as well as being a dog lover (we have an office pug, Alfie) will ideally match the following Person Specification:
– Passionate, driven and hard-working
– Attention to detail and keen to excel in a fast-paced but fun environment
– Knowledgeable about/active interest in the Irish food and restaurant scene
– A talented and experienced writer who can inject personality into pieces
– A minimum of a year’s experience working in media and content creation
– Experienced managing various social media platforms
– Experience using WordPress and knowledge of SEO techniques a distinct advantage
– Wine and coffee knowledge will be considered a bonus
– Great sense of humour
– Comfortable networking and representing TheTaste at events
The Food Journalist’s Key Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
– Pitching daily food and drink related news stories
– Researching and writing small bite news stories
– Social media management responsibilities
– Pitching and writing feature length articles for the monthly edition
– Building contributor content in WordPress
This is a full time, office based position in Dublin. We can offer unrivalled experience for aspiring food writers and those looking to kick start their career in the food and media industry, with invaluable insight into the workings of an award-winning digital publication.
To apply, please send your CV, a recent headshot and if possible, a writing sample to email@example.com.