Almond Tart Recipe from A Taste of Salamanca Cookbook
This Almond Tart Recipe from A Taste of Salamanca Cookbook is light and airy with a cheeky hint of rum.
– 4 eggs
– 250g caster sugar
– 250g ground almonds
– 50g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
– pinch of ground cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
– 1 shot of rum (optional)
– 1 tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease a 30cm round cake tin with a little butter.
2. Whisk the eggs with the sugar in a large bowl until pale and frothy. Add the ground almonds, butter, cinnamon and rum (if using) and mix with a spatula until you have a soft, creamy batter.
3. Pour the batter into the greased tin. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
4. Allow to cool in the tin for few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack and dusting with the icing sugar and a little cinnamon. Cut into slices to serve.
Tip: Serve with a shot of rum on the side.
Founded in 2002, Salamanca Tapas Bar & Restaurant was one of the first tapas bars in Ireland and it’s still at the top of the list for Spanish tapas in Dublin, as evidenced by winning Best Mediterranean Restaurant at Food Awards Ireland for the past two years in a row.
Now, in celebration of the restaurant’s 15th anniversary, A Taste of Salamanca by Caroline Boyle will give you the ideas and tools to cook Spanish food to suit any occasion for your family or friends. The recipes have been adapted to make them fun and easy for you to prepare and cook at home.
To buy your copy of A Taste of Salamanca, click here.