Baileys & Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe by Karyn Ryan
Every Christmas we always seem to have a couple of bottles of Baileys left over! I’ve made cheesecakes, cupcakes and biscuits with it, but this Baileys and Chocolate Bundt Cake has been a huge hit and become everyone’s favourite. Best of all it’s very easy to make, and to eat. Baileys heaven in a cake.
– 250g plain flour
– 25g cocoa powder
– 300g caster sugar
– 3 tbsp instant coffee
– 1 1/2tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp salt
– 220g melted butter
– 250ml Baileys
– 200ml sour cream
– 2 eggs
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 packets chocolate chips
– 2 tbsp cream
Baileys Chocolate Drizzle
– 2 packets white chocolate chips
– 2 tbsp Baileys
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Using a baking spray, spray the inside of a ring or bundt tin.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer, combine flour, cocoa powder, caster sugar, instant coffee, baking soda and salt. Turn the mixer on low to stir.
3. Then slowly add in the remaining 5 wet ingredients; the melted butter, Baileys, sour cream, vanilla and eggs.
4. Turn the mixer off. Scrape the bowl. Then mix again until smooth.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow the cake to rest and cool for at least 20 minutes before flipping. Flip the cake onto a wire cooling rack and allow to cool further
7. Whilst cake is cooling make toppings: Melt the chocolate chips, add cream and put into icing bag. Melt white chocolate chips, add Baileys and put into icing bag
8. When cake is cold, drizzle toppings on top, decorate with chocolate chips
[su_note note_color=”#eeede9″]RECIPE BY KARYN RYAN[/su_note]
Hi I’m Karyn Ryan, Mum to four & totally addicted to baking, absolutely passionate about getting kids into the kitchen to bake, my inspiration comes from my kids who always come up with mad ideas for Cakes & Cookies! I have been known on numerous occasions to bake a cake for dinner! I was very lucky to win two awards in the Easy Food Magazine Home Cook Hero Awards in 2011 & 2012 for baking.
[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/IrishBakingAdventures?fref=ts” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#222e8a” color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: facebook-square” icon_color=”#ffffff”]IrishBakingAdventures[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://twitter.com/irishbakingadv1″ target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#4383db” color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: twitter-square” icon_color=”#ffffff”]IrishBakingAdventures[/su_button]