Banana Bread Muffins with Chocolate Chunks Recipe from a Matter of Nourishment
A super easy recipe that will make everybody happy! Perfect when you want to prepare something in advance for breakfast: simply pair a Banana Bread Muffin with some fresh fruit in the morning and you’ll get a quick option to start the day with plenty of nutrients. You can also change the taste a little by playing with different spices or nuts.
– 60 g rolled oats
– 50 g whole grain flour (any)
– 60 g almonds
– 1 medium-sized banana
– 110 g plain unsweetened coconut yogurt
– 50 g dark chocolate (70% or more)
– 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– the content of 10 cardamon pods (crushed into a fine powder using a mortar)
– ½ tsp turmeric powder
– 2 tsp ginger powder
– 1 tsp baking powder
– a pinch of baking soda
– a pinch of salt
– a pinch of black pepper
1. Prepare the chocolate chunks and place them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes before adding them in the batter.
2. Using a blender, turn both oats and almonds into a flour-like consistency.
3. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (except the baking powder, bicarbonate, and chocolate), then start adding the liquid ones and mix well.
4. You can prepare a smooth cream by blending the banana with the yogurt and add this to the muffins’ batter instead of the separate ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients at the end.
5. Prepare the muffin pan with a bit of oil before adding the batter.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
Chiara applies the same approach that she has in her everyday life, to her business “A Matter of Nourishment”: having a healthier lifestyle and being aware of what you eat can easily be part of your days, and can be a true celebration of great tasty food – freedom, joy, and confidence to choose what is best for you… this is what a healthy lifestyle should be about!
She has a background in chemistry, nutrition, and massage, but she also had the chance to collaborate for a few years with a photographer, she learned to cook from scratch experimenting in her kitchen and she practices yoga.
After a few years working in research, she decided to turn her passions and studies into one unique project to help others in changing their relationship with food from the roots.
Chiara teaches her clients how to improve their daily life with a few simple steps, become more intuitive eaters, be more aware around food, and understand that by changing their diet they can truly change their lives.