We all know beer is a passion of mine, but did you know I enjoy baking too? I’ve always stuck to what I knew up until recently, when I started to introduce beer into my baking. It’s such fun using the simple basic recipes I’ve known since my childhood and developing them into gorgeous beery delights. These muffins are ever so easy and can be adapted to suit yourself. I love these in the morning with a cup of coffee.
– 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 3 large mashed bananas (skin slightly black)
– 1 large egg
– 1/3 cup melted butter
– 1/4 cup of brown ale
– handful of crushed walnuts
– handful of dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180c (fan assisted).
1. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
1. Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
1. Add in walnuts and chocolate chips if using.
1. In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, sugar, egg, butter, vanilla and beer.
1. Fold in the flour mixture and mix until nice and smooth.
1. Divide mixture into the liners.
1. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
1. Cool the muffins on a wire rack and devour.
The better half of the famous www.irishbeersnob.com team, Janice has a real appreciation for global beer and many styles. She is as serious about her beer as she is her famous porter brownies. Despite the name there is no pretension in Janice’s style of writing and she’s more than happy to guide you through the world of international craft beers and ciders. Find her on Twitter @MrsBeerSnob