Beetroot, Goat’s Cheese and Pesto Fried Eggs Recipe from The Food DNA
This fried eggs recipe is a simple and a very quick breakfast option which, in fairness, makes for a delicious lunch or dinner too. This will be your favourite quickest gourmet breakfast from now on.
The ultimate combination of beetroot and goat’s cheese topped up with herby pesto, runny egg yolks and creamy avocado is pure indulgence in the morning. And it will leave you satisfied until lunch. You can also add some chickpeas for extra protein and texture.
– 2-3 eggs
– 1 medium steamed beetroot and some juice from the pack
– Goat’s cheese
– Pesto (I used a pestle & mortar sauces one – but you can make your own, it is simple enough, if you have extra time)
– Freshly ground pepper to taste
– Fresh basil leaves
– Chickpeas (optional)
1. Chop beetroot into small pieces.
2. Place a pan over medium heat and add some butter/olive oil/ghee.
3. If you are adding chickpeas, toast it slightly in a pan, before adding eggs in.
4. Gently crack the eggs in a pan.
5. Add chopped beetroot, stir in 1-2 tbsp of beet juice, sprinkle goat’s cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Leave to cook for few minutes.
7. Add fresh pesto and sprinkle with some fresh basil leaves.
8. Top up with ½ avocado and sprinkle some freshly ground pepper.
With a background in clinical nutrition and pharmaceutical sciences Jelena is a self-proclaimed foodie. She combines love and passion for cooking with unique skill of being able to create dishes that taste great and are of a high nutritional value, making sure you eat the best when you do.
Her kitchen is the food lab full of soul and passion where she happily spends hours experimenting. Her recipe collection is like a treasure chest that has something for each and every one.