Here’s a really easy blondie traybake recipe, and it’s really good with ice cream so a perfect summer treat!
– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 cup butter
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup of chocolate, chopped
– 1/2 cup marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and flour a brownie tin.
2. Beat the eggs, and set aside.
3. Melt the butter, pour in a mixing bowl.
4. Then, add the sugar and beaten eggs mix until blended.
5. Add the dry ingredients, and vanilla extract.
6. Fold in the chocolate and marshmallows.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
8. Let cool and cut into squares.
It’s fairly appropriate that with the name Carmel, I have a strong interest in food!
I grew up in San Francisco and spent my summers in Cork, two amazing food cities. I find myself currently living in West Cork and experimenting with recipes and taking of photos of food I have created, which is marrying my two passions–photography and food.
I started baking and cooking as a way to relieve stress in high school, and found out pretty quickly I enjoyed being in the kitchen. In April 2014, I attended Ballymaloe Cookery School. Since then, I have have been working in different kitchens across Ireland, London, and Italy, building on my education and building up my palette.
My Blog ‘Cooking With Carmel” is a reflection of my traveling and growing up in a family of seven kids. I hope I inspire you to get in the kitchen and get cookin!