Whats on at The Merrion
With Valentine’s Weekend coming up, The Merrion, Dublin’s most stylish hotel, have 2 special treats for you to spoil the one you love.
Valentine’s Afternoon Tea – Our famous Afternoon Tea gets a romantic twist with Valentine themed pastries and a glass of rosé champagne on arrival.
Available 13th, 14th & 15th February at 2pm and 4:30pm | €45 per person
Sunday Brunch in The Cellar Bar – Enjoy The Cellar Bar’s twist on the American-style brunch menu with a special guest performance from 1940’s Harmony Trio, Bugle Babes.
Sunday 15th February Brunch served 11:30am to 5pm Bugle Babes Performance 1:30pm
Win brunch for 4 people in The Cellar Bar with a twist on the American-style menu and special guest performance from 1940’s Harmony Trio, the Bugle Babes.
To win this unique treat, just follow the 2 easy steps below.
Step 1: Share on Twitter or Facebook
Step 2: Enter your details below
About Brunch in The Cellar Bar
Not quite breakfast, not quite lunch, Brunch is back and bigger than ever, and the warm and welcoming oak-lined surroundings of The Cellar Bar at The Merrion provide the perfect backdrop for this deliciously versatile and social meal of the week. Deep in the hotel’s 18th century wine vaults, The Cellar Bar is one of Dublin’s favourite establishments, bursting with atmosphere and infused with the spirit of hospitality.
The new Sunday Brunch menu, available from 11.30am to 5pm every Sunday, takes an inventive riff on the traditional American-style brunch, combining the New York spirit with the best-of-Irish comfort food – and a dash of relaxed 5* elegance.
Breakfast or lunch? The menu does the legwork. For the breakfast-inclined, there are classics such as silver dollar pancakes with streaky bacon and scrambled eggs; stacked buttermilk pancakes; home-made Merrion muesli with Killowen natural yoghurt and berry compote, or American-style oatmeal porridge.
For those in more of a lunch frame of mind, the decidedly social ‘To Share’ section of the menu will fit the bill: will it be the Seafood Tower, groaning with fresh Irish produce (Liscannor crab, rock oysters, McConnell’s smoked salmon, seabass ceviche and Dublin Bay prawns) – or the Italian Prosciutto platter (speck, parma ham, bresaola and liver mortadella with Tellagio cheese and candied clementines) – or maybe the Whole Baked Milleens, with garlic, white port and thyme? Even the health-conscious will be happy with The Merrion Super Salad, packed with goodness. And don’t miss the ‘Sides’ and ‘Sweet’ sections – highlights being Orange Crumble Muffin Tops, and local Featherbed Dairy Ice-cream Sundaes.
Anything goes – a pitcher of cocktails might help the decision along. And all in the spirit of creativity, The Cellar Bar’s new flight of three Bloody Marys – Traditional, Smoked and Asian- inspired – instead of one full drink, will help the stylishly un-decided come to a decision.
Ed Cooney, Executive Chef at The Merrion says
“A great brunch menu should be slightly decadent. After a good lie in, you don’t want to make difficult decisions, so the menu should do the work for you. So order a plate of McConnell’s Smoked Salmon and scrambled eggs, dive into a platter artisanal Italian Prosciutto, sip a glass of champagne, mix a muffin with a croissant. It’s the best of both worlds, with the best quality local ingredients. Whoever said breakfast was the most important meal of the day needs to sit down in The Cellar Bar at The Merrion, order a Mimosa and think a little harder!”
About The Merrion
Dublin’s finest five-star address, The Merrion stands directly opposite Government Buildings in the heart of Dublin city centre. On the doorstep is Upper Merrion Street, where Government Buildings, The National Gallery and The Natural History Museum are located. Created from four magnificently restored grade I listed Georgian townhouses, The Merrion is a short walk from the “golden mile” of lively pubs, shops and restaurants dotted around St. Stephen’s Green. Grafton Street is a leisurely stroll away for all the latest designer shops. The Merrion is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
How to Book
To book, call The Merrion on 01 6030600 or email, email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
– Closing date for entries is midnight on 13th Feb 2015
– Overall winner(s) will be announced on 14th Feb 2015
– You must be available on the 15th for this prize
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for TheTaste ezine updates and the competition promoters ezines
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age.
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts