This Chargrilled Whole Lobster Recipe from Saba restaurant is the epitome of luxury dining. If you’re looking to indulge in a decadent, savoury meal, look no further.
– 4 lobsters
– 20g cracked black pepper
– 4dsp rapeseed oil
– 4 kaffir lime leaves, julienne
For Chuchi Sauce
– 100g panang curry paste
– 400ml coconut milk
– 2dsp rapeseed oil
– 4 kafir lime leaves
– 2 spoons fish sauce, to taste
– ¾ dsp palm sugar
– 10g Thai sweet basil
1. To prepare the sauce bring the saucepan to medium heat and add oil and curry paste.
2. Stir until they get a nice aroma then add coconut milk and bring it to a simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Add kaffir lime leaves and season with fish sauce, palm sugar and finish with Thai sweet basil then keep sauce to one side.
4. To prepare the lobster, you cut in half and crack the craws also.
5. Season with crack black pepper and lime juice.
6. Turn the grill on a high heat. Grill the lobster shell first for 2 minutes and turn over for another 2 minutes.
7. Serve the lobster with chuchi sauce.
Saba is an award winning Thai and Vietnamese Eatery on Clarendon Street and Baggot Street, Dublin. Saba, which means “happy meeting place” in Thai, serves authentic cuisine at reasonable prices in a setting described as “colonial meets contemporary”. Saba is renowned for our delicious food, fantastic atmosphere and cocktails that will tantalise your tastebuds. Taweesak Trakoolwattana, Tao, is our executive chef in Saba and he brings extensive culinary experience and a distinct passion for traditional Thai and Vietnamese dishes.
From the outset, Tao wanted diners to immediately recognise something different in Saba. “Asian restaurants can sometimes compromise authenticity with fusion recipes, while Saba remains true to its Thai and Vietnamese heritage.” Taos focus is on fresh, healthy ingredients and rich authentic flavours, but that does not mean that there is an interesting twist here and there.