Cheese French Toast with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Poached Eggs Recipe by Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio
Cheese French Toast with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Poached Eggs Recipe by Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio.
Start her Mother’s Day off on the right note with a delicious and decadent brunch spread featuring Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio’s savoury Cheese French Toast with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Poached Eggs. It’s her day to indulge and be spoilt, so get the kids (or dad) involved in the kitchen and surprise her with breakfast in bed.
For the roasted tomatoes
– 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
– 3 tbsp Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar
– 3 small sprigs rosemary
– 1 tsp chopped marjoram
– 1 tsp chopped thyme
For the French toast
– 3 large free-range eggs, beaten
– 100ml milk
– 2 tbsp Siúcra Icing Sugar
– 4 tbsp grated parmesan
– ½ tsp paprika
– 4 slices thick large sourdough loaf, each cut into large circle
– Butter and rapeseed oil, for frying
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 2 poached eggs, to serve
– Chopped parsley or sprigs of thyme, to garnish
– Parmesan shavings, to garnish
1. To roast the tomatoes, preheat the oven for to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Place the tomatoes on a roasting tray, spoon over the Siúcra Light Brown Sugar, add the rosemary sprigs, chopped marjoram, thyme, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over a little oil. Roast for about 15 minutes until the tomatoes are just cooked.
2. To make the French toast, whisk the eggs together with the milk, Siúcra Icing Sugar, parmesan and paprika in a large shallow dish and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat a little butter and oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
4. Dip both sides of the bread circle into the egg batter allowing time to soak up the batter and then place in the frying pan. Cook until golden on both sides.
5. To serve, place 2 slices of French toast on each plate, arrange the tomatoes on top and a poached egg on each. Sprinkle over chopped parsley or sprigs of thyme. Garnish with parmesan shavings and serve immediately.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.