Chicken and Pumpkin Curry Recipe from The Wonky Spatula
This Chicken & Pumpkin Curry Recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30.
Pumpkin season is upon us and in the run up to Halloween, this is the perfect meal to curl up on the couch with!
– 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
–2 cups of pumpkin, diced
–1 red pepper, finely sliced
–2 shallots, finely diced
–1 red chili, sliced
–3 cloves of garlic, minced
–3 tomatoes, quartered
–1 tsp turmeric
–1 tsp fennel seeds
–1 tsp cumin seeds
–1 tsp ground cinnamon
–1 tsp ground fenugreek
–1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
1. Heat a large wok or pan with the olive oil and brown the chicken for 2-3 minutes a side. Remove the chicken and set aside.
2. Add a little more olive oil to the wok/pan and add the spices, cook gently for 2 minutes before adding the shallots, garlic and chili and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Next add the pumpkin and peppers, stir until it is covered in the spice mix and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Once the pumpkin has started to soften add the tomatoes and the water. Bring the mixture to the boil before reducing to a simmer for 15-20 minutes with the lid on.
5. After the mixture has had time to simmer, add in the chicken and the coconut milk and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken in fully cooked.
6. Serve and enjoy! Happy Halloween!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!