Chicken Teriyaki Recipe by The Wonky Spatula
I am absolutely in love with this chicken teriyaki recipe and sauce at the moment! It’s also amazing with salmon which makes for a fab lunch!! What I love about this version is that it is the perfect Saturday night fakeaway!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
– 400g chicken cut into strips
– 1 white onion, sliced
– 2 peppers, sliced
For the sauce
– 1/3 cup of honey (sub orange juice for whole30)
– 1/3 cup of coconut aminos
– 1 tbsp vinegar (either white wine or apple cider)
– 1 tbsp sesame oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1/2 red chili, finely chopped
– 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder
– Sprinkle of sesame seeds
– 2 spring onions, finely chopped
– Coconut oil
1. Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together and add them to a saucepan over a medium heat. Allow the mixture to come to the boil before reducing to a simmer for 8-10 minutes until it is nice and thick.
2. Heat 1 tsp of coconut oil in a large pan or wok and brown the chicken for 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
4. Saute the onions for 3-4 minutes until golden, then add in the peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Return the chicken to the pan, once it is almost fully cooked add in the sauce and mix thoroughly.
6. Remove from the heat and plate up with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and some spring onions, enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!
[TT-FOURBLOCK ID=”66852, 51947, 61343, 66818″]