Chocolate Covered Paleo Flapjack Recipe by The Wonky Spatula
This flapjack recipe is perfect for when you feel like a treat but don’t want to ruin all of your clean eating efforts! Enjoy a healthy energy boost with a gluten free, dairy free, vegan and paleo snack that is also simply delicious.
– 300g cashew nuts
– 12 dates
– 1/4 cup of agave or your preferred sweetener
– 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
– 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
– 1/4 cup of almond butter
– 200g of dark chocolate, at least 85%
1. Place the cashew nuts in your food processor and blend on high until you have a flour like consistency.
2. Add in the dates and pulse until they are broken up.
3. Add the agave, coconut oil, desiccated coconut and almond butter to your food processor and blend until the mixture is combined.
4. Press the mixture into either a silicone baking tray or a normal one lined with parchment paper.
5. Flatted it out so that the top is nice and smooth.
6. Melt the chocolate and pour it over the nut base so that it is nice and evenly covered.
7. Place in your freezer for 1-2 hours until set. Remove from the freezer, slice into bars and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!