This Christmas Tree Cupcakes recipe is a simple but effective way to bring some festive cheer to your usual cupcakes. Get the kids involved making these easy and tasty Christmas treats.
– 125g Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar
– 125g butter, at room temperature
– 2 medium free range eggs
– 150g self-raising flour
– 3tbsp milk
– 2tsp vanilla extract
– 450g Siúcra Icing Sugar
– 225g butter, at room temperature
– 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
– Green food colouring
– Sugar decorations: silver balls, stars, circles
1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan.
2. Line a bun tin with 12 paper cases.
3. Beat together the butter and Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar until pale and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
5. Mix in the vanilla extract, flour and milk.
6. Divide the mixture equally between the 12 cases.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
8. Cool on a wire rack before piping on the buttercream.
1. Beat the butter and Siúcra Icing Sugar together. Add the vanilla extract and beat again. It takes a few minutes to turn into buttercream.
2. Add the green food colouring gradually until you have the desired colour.
3. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle.
4. Pipe onto each cupcake starting wide at the bottom and getting narrower as you go up. Try to do this in one movement.
5. Place a star decoration on top and coloured sugar decorations or silver balls around the tree.