Coconut and Butternut Squash Soup with Caramelised Leeks Recipe by Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio
Warm up on this chilly winter day by whipping up Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio Coconut and Butternut Squash Soup with Caramelised Leeks. This perfect lunch or dinner is a fragrant and aromatic mixture, and is sure to feel like a hug in a bowl.
– 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped
– 2 onions, finely chopped
– 2 large potatoes, chopped
– ½ tsp ground cumin
– ½ tsp mild curry powder
– ½ red Chilli, finely sliced
– 800ml vegetable stock
– 400ml coconut milk
For the caramelised leek
– 1 tbsp butter
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 leek, sliced in julienne
– 4 tbsp Siúcra golden granulated sugar
– Salt and freshly ground pepper
– Cream, for garnishing
– Coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Heat a saucepan with a little oil, add the butternut squash, onions and potatoes, cumin, curry powder and red Chilli, salt and pepper and sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring from time to time.
2. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook until the vegetables are soft. This will take about 15 minutes.
3. Pour in the coconut milk and simmer for about 8 minutes. Check the seasoning, adding salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan and add the leek and Siúcra golden granulated sugar and cook on low for about 6 to 7 minutes until caramelised. Check the seasoning adding salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. When ready to serve, ladle the soup into soup bowls, spoon on some cream, add the caramelised leeks to each bowl.
7. Sprinkle over coriander leaves to serve.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.