Confit Duck Leg Salad “A L’Orange” Recipe by Simon Hudson from Pallas Foods
This simple Confit Duck Leg Salad “A L’Orange” Recipe was created by Business Development Chef Simon Hudson from Pallas Foods.
– 1 x silver hill confit duck leg.
– 10 gr Baby spinach picked and washed.
– 10 gr rocket leaves washed.
– 1 radish sliced thinly.
– 5 orange segments.
– 15 ml Greek yoghurt.
– 5 gr toasted hazelnuts.
– 10 ml orange puree mixed with 10 ml vinaigrette (orange dressing)
– 5 ml orange oil
– De-hydrated orange crisps.
1. Roast the confit duck leg at 180 degrees for 20 mins until nice and crispy.
2. Toss the rocket and baby spinach in half of the orange dressing and arrange in centre of plate.
3. Place the hot duck leg confit on top and arrange the orange segments, radish and hazelnuts on the plate.
4. Finish the dish with the remaining dressing, orange oil, and yoghurt,
5. Finally garnishing the dish with some de-hydrated orange crisps.
This recipe was brought to you by Pallas Foods recipe development chef Simon Hudson. Pallas Foods is one of Ireland’s leading food distributors serving over 9,000 customers.
They have a portfolio of over 14,500 products and offer fresh, frozen, ambient and non-food products, in addition to an extensive wine list from their Private Vines Collection.
For more information log onto www.pallasfoods.com