Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio have created these delicious Courgette & Sundried Tomato Muffins perfect for little lunchboxes and afterschool snacking. With summer well and truly over, lessen the stress of weekdays and treat the whole family to some delicious savoury treats for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
These flavourful muffins are ideal for the rush that comes along with the start of a new school year and for keeping the whole family fuelled up and focused.
– 2 eggs
– 50ml rapeseed oil
– 1 small courgette, grated (about 60g)
– 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
– ½ tsp salt
– ¼ tsp paprika
– 2 tbsp Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar
– 1 tbsp chopped parsley
– 120g plain flour
– 1½ tsp baking powder
– 50g mature cheddar cheese
– 3 tbsp natural low-fat yoghurt
– About 2 to 3 tbsp of water (you may not need all of it)
– Sprigs of thyme, to decorate
– Chopped sundried tomatoes, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
2. Line a 12-medium size muffin tray with muffin cases or paper wraps.
3. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, pour in the oil, add the grated courgette, sundried tomato and stir in the salt, paprika and parsley.
4. Fold in the plain flour and baking powder.
5. Stir in the cheddar and yoghurt. Add in enough water to form a muffin batter.
6. Spoon into the muffin tin or cases and bake for about 12 to 14 minutes until golden and baked through. (To check that they are cooked, insert a skewer and it should come out clean.)
7. Lift them out to cool completely on the cooling rack.
8. Decorate with sprigs of thyme and chopped sundried tomato.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.