Crozier Blue Cheese & Fig Tart Video Recipe by Jette Virdi
This Crozier Blue Cheese and Fig Tart recipe is perfect for St. Stephen’s day to go with all those leftovers. A recipe created exclusively for TheTaste by stylist Jette Virdi.
For more Foodie Videos visit TheTaste Youtube Channel.
– 200g flour
– 100g butter, cubed and cold
– 50ml water
– 50 crozier blue cheese
– 3 figs
– 6 eggs
– 18″ tart case
1. Rub butter and flour together with your fingertips, you want to have pea sized mixed pieces.
2. Then start adding the water little by little and cut through with a knife. Keep adding water, little by little until a dough forms.
3. Chill in the fridge for roughly 20mins and then remove and roll out to 1cm thickness.
4. Line a pie tin and blind bake with baking beans/dry barley for roughly 20 minutes or until golden at 190C.
5. Remove from the oven and make the filling. Whisk the eggs and crumble in the blue cheese, season and pour into the tart case.
6. Slice the figs roughly 1inch in size and lay on the top, sprinkle with black pepper and cook for another 20 minutes at 190C.
Jette Virdi is a Dublin-based food stylist and creative entrepreneur. With a portfolio including clients such as Rozanna Purcell, Rachel Allen and Bord Bia, she’s your girl if you need an evocative image or event. Well known within the food industry, she consults with Irish brands to create and style recipes, to design and manage product launches and and hosts creative corporate workshops that boost productivity and team performance in the workplace. For more information and to contact Jette for a project go to jettevirdi.com. For more recipes visit her blog.