These flapjacks are a scrumptious snack for between meals. Do check that your coeliac is happy to eat pure oats before serving.
– 175g (7oz) butter/margarine
– 100g (4oz) brown sugar
– 75g (3oz) golden syrup
– 350g (14oz) pure oats
– ¼ teaspoon ginger
– ½ teaspoon cinnamon
– 200g (8oz) dark or milk chocolate (whichever you prefer)
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 2/150°C/300°F. Grease and line a 23cm x 33cm/9in x 13in Swiss roll tin with baking parchment.
2. Melt the butter/margarine in a saucepan with the sugar and golden syrup. Heat gently until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Stir in the oats and spices.
4. Place the mixture into the prepared Swiss roll tin and press it out evenly using the back of a spoon.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Break the chocolate into a bowl over a saucepan of water on a medium heat and melt, stirring occasionally.
7. While the chocolate is still hot, pour over the flapjacks.
8. Chill in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
9. Use a hot knife to cut into twelve squares without breaking the chocolate.
Denise’s Delicious Gluten Free Bakery is one of Ireland’s longest established specialist bakeries. We specialise in baking gluten, wheat and dairy free cakes, breads and snacks and these are handmade at our bakery each day. We are fully approved by the Irish Coeliac Society and enjoy a great relationship with all of our coeliacs friends, readers and newly diagnosed customers.
We believe that being on a restricted diet should not mean a restricted food experience and our award winning range has proven to be a huge success with coeliacs and those following a gluten free diet! For more information or to order online visit www.delicious.ie.