Dark Chocolate & Berry Oat Pancakes Recipe By Delalicious. Treat someone special to this luxurious version of my tried and tested Banana and Oat Pancakes. Top your chocolate oat pancakes with a quick and easy berry coulis. The berry coulis can be used to serve with porridge, as a cake icing or simply spread on a slice of bread instead of jam. It will keep fresh for up to 3 weeks in the fridge.
Makes 6, serves 2.
– 2 bananas
– 2 eggs
– 100g oats
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 2 tbsp cocoa powder
– 50ml milk
– 100g raspberries
– 50ml water
– zest and juice of 1 small orange
– 1 tbsp honey
– Plain yoghurt or creme fraiche
1. Place all the pancake ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or ideally overnight.
3. For the berry coulis: place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover, turn the heat to low and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to thicken as it cools.
4. Remove the pancake mix from the fridge and whisk to loosen it a little.
5. Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on a non-stick pan over a medium heat, add 1 ladle of the mixture, swirl the pan to get an even coating and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Flip over once bubbles begin to form on top. Cook through on the opposite side and remove from the heat.
6. Serve as you like.
After work and the football field, the kitchen is generally where you will find chartered physiotherapist and ladies footballer, Sinéad Delahunty, who has just released her first cookbook – Delalicious. A passionate lover of all food, she started out sharing her kitchen creations through her food blog of the same name. She focuses on inspiring others to fuel their lives through healthy, wholesome and natural food with quick and easy recipes for all. Just back from a year out from work and football, eating and adventuring her way around the world. Check out her blog, www.delalicious.com for more recipe inspiration, follow her on social media for more Delalicious delights or buy her book here.