Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies Recipe By Butlers Chocolates. These decadent Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies are a chocolate lovers dream and are the perfect indulgence this Mother’s Day. Soft and fudgy with a hint of salt adding bursts of flavour with every bite. If you have a soft spot for salted caramel, these cookies will become a firm favourite.
Makes 14 cookies
– 110g butter
– 350g light brown sugar
– 55g cocoa powder
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 260g plain flour
– 1 x 100g Butlers 40% Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel bar (roughly chopped)
– 1 x 100g Butlers Dark Salt Caramels bag (chopped into small pieces)
– Flaky sea salt for sprinkling on top, if desired
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 160˚Celsius Fan (Gas Mark 3, 350˚F).
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
4. Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the brown sugar and eggs.
5. Add the cocoa, salt and baking powder and stir until well combined.
6. Add the flour and stir until no floury patches are left.
7. Stir in the chopped pieces of the Butlers 40% Milk Chocolate Salt Caramel bar.
8. Using a small ice cream scoop, make a small hollow in the centre of each scoop of dough and fill with Butlers Dark Salt Caramel pieces. Then cover over the indentation with dough and seal the edges.
9. Place the cookies on the baking tray, leaving some space between each.
10. Bake for approximately 11 minutes.
11. Sprinkle some sea salt (optional).
Founded in 1932, Butlers is Ireland’s premier family-owned firm dedicated to the craft of exceptional chocolate-making. Every day, our team of devoted chocolatiers creates unforgettable experiences for you to discover and savour.