Dublin Whiskey Festival – A Week of the Strong Stuff
Here at TheTaste we are big fans of a glass of the strong stuff. So we’re pretty excited about the first Dublin Whiskey Festival kicking off from February 16th and running until February 21st.
Brought to you by Great Irish Beverages, who have previously run the Dublin cocktail festival, over 25 establishments are participating. Each venue will feature their own unique creation from whiskey cocktails, Irish coffees or a great pairing with a craft beer carrying a 30% discount.
Check out this video to see the special drink that each venue will be creating for the festival:
More information of the first Irish Whiskey Festival
Ireland’s first Irish whiskey festival, Dublin Whiskey Festival, kicks off Monday the 16th and we’re throwing a wee shindig to celebrate! Come along and bring a friend! It’s on over at the rather amazing Irish Whiskey Museum on 119 Grafton Street at 4pm. There’ll be a delicious whiskey punch being served and the final for our Irish coffee competition with Teeling Whiskey and 3FE coffee will be taking place.
This will be judged by Ernie Whalley of The Sunday Times, Declan Byrne of the Bartender’s Association of Ireland and Colin Harmon of 3fe Coffee. Our ten finalists for the competition are some of the best bartenders and baristas in the city and they are:
– DARREN GERAGHTY – Candlelight Bar, Dundrum
– MACIEL KALINSKI – M. O’Brien, Sussex Terrace
– SEANEEN SULLIVAN – L Mulligan Grocer, Stoneybatter
– RASHELL WINN – Fumbally Cafe, Clanbrassil Street
– ALAN MCGILLIVARY – The Liquor Rooms, Wellington Quay
– VICTOR PETRAKOV – Saba, Clarendon Street
– TOM STAFFORD- The Twisted Pepper Café, Middle Abbey Street
– ALAN MOORE – Upstairs at Kinara Kitchen, Ranelagh
– CIAN O’RAGHAILLAIGH – Ukiyo, Exchequer Street
– LINDA O’ROURKE – House, Leeson Street
Dublin Whiskey Festival runs from Feb 16th to 21st in 25 venues around the city. We’ve also got a great promo going on with the Irish Whiskey Museum where festival wristband holders get a VIP upgrade and a booked out tasting with The Irish Whiskey Society.
To avail of the 30% discount at Dublin Whiskey Festival, the public will have to purchase a €5 wristband from Entertainment.ie or just pick one up at any one of the venues. See more: http://www.facebook.com/GreatIrishBeverages