The Talented Twelve – Euro-Toques Announces Young Chef of the Year Semi-Finalists 2017
The talented twelve chefs who will progress onto the semi finals of the Euro-Toques Announces Young Chef of the Year 2017 competition have been announced following the interview stage held with a panel of judges yesterday at the Marker Hotel, on Dublin’s Grand Canal Dock.
Ireland’s premier culinary competition for young chefs, in association with La Rousse Foods, this year requested ambitious culinary stars to enter via social media and an online form that related to this year’s theme, ‘Back to Basics: Olde Skool Cooking.’
Following the announcement the chefs in contention for the title will have just less than a month to hone their skills before the semi-finals, which will take place on 17th September in Cooks Academy in Dublin city centre.
Secretary-General of Euro-Toques Ireland Manuela Spinelli commented: “it was a tough interview session and it is clear that the standard and quality of the competition are increasing every year.”
Manuela also pointed out a number of trends that stood out in this year’s competition: the number of candidates, former finalists included, who entered once again, candidates mentored by former young chef finalist entering, and young chefs who had previously been working abroad, returning home and making a bid for the title.
The full list of twelve Euro-Toques Young Chef of the Year Semi-Finalists 2017 are as follows:
– Killian Bowen, The Lady Helen Restaurant, Mount Juliet Estate, Co. Kilkenny
– Daniel Guerin, Campagne, Kilkenny
– Conor Halfpenny, The Courthouse Restaurant, moving to Chapter One this October
– Kelan Heffron, Luna, Dublin 2
– Andrew Kelly, Bastible, Dublin 8
– Kevin O’Donnell, Bastible, Dublin 8
– Jack Lenards, Restaurant Patrick Guildbaud, Dublin 2
– Jason Nolan, Aghadoe Heights Hotel, Killarney, Co. Kerry
– Evan O’Ceallaigh
– Roisin O’Connor, MacNean House & Restaurant, Co. Cavan
– Lorna Rochford, George V Dining Room, Ashford Castle, Co. Mayo
– Bronagh Rogers, Viewmount House, Co. Longford