It may be time to re-evaluate how we plan and prepare our food. We plan so many areas of our lives: our work, our holidays, our kids’ lives, our social life, our fitness, our finances. And what about mealtime?
It can be a very stressful time for families, wise decisions around food are not usually made on an empty stomach. People seem to be more stressed with less time than ever! The trouble is that this pressure can result in stress, oxidative damage, fatigue and at times injury or sickness. One of the first places this becomes evident is on our skin, our hair, our eyes and our appearance. Nutrition can affect how we look and how we feel in a positive or negative way.
You can learn how to incorporate small, smart changes into your meals that suits the pace of your lifestyle. Start off gently, slowly add a little more vegetables and fruits into your daily meals and learn how to replace sweets and unhealthy foods with guilt free treats and healthy versions of your favourite foods. This means you are creating nutritional balance without sacrificing taste or feeling deprived of any of your comfort foods.
We show people how to use natural everyday ingredients in smart and easy ways and we make sure that healthy eating is accessible for everyone without having to buy expensive products that you might only use once. You can produce gorgeous food without complications and stress. We will smash the misconception that healthy food is expensive and tasteless.
Gorgeous healthy food can be your best ally as natural, highly nutritious choices can fuel your busy lifestyle or power a great workout. Good nutrition can keep you going every day; giving you energy, making your skin glow, repairing tissue and muscles in your body all while protecting your health as an added bonus.
In the coming months we hope we can inspire you and motivate you to make smart changes, we would love to give you confidence in the kitchen to try new foods and recipes while impressing your friends and loved ones, spreading the word and inspiring them too to make healthy changes in their lives. Enjoy every bite without regrets! All because we want you to stay around for a bit longer to enjoy more time and life with family, friends and loved ones.
Grilled Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa
– 1 lb of halibut fillets (or any fish)
– 8 corn or wholegrain flour tortillas
For the marinade
– 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
– 1-2 tbsp tequila
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– pinch of sea salt
– fresh ground pepper to taste
For the peach salsa
– 2 ripe peaches/nectarines, peeled and diced
– 2 tbsp red pepper, finely diced
– 2 tbsp red onion, finely diced
– 1 tbsp jalapeno chili, finely diced
– 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
– 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
– sea salt to taste
1. In a small bowl or freezer bag, combine all of the ingredients for the fish marinade. Place the halibut fillets into the bag, seal the bag, and refrigerate while preparing your salsa.
2. While your halibut is marinating, get started on the peach salsa, combine all your ingredients and set aside.
3. Heat a grill/pan over medium/high heat. Brush the pan with a bit of oil and add your halibut filets. Cook the fillets for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until opaque throughout.
4. Warm your tortillas. You can simply wrap them in a damp towel and microwave them for about 20 seconds or you can warm them in your grill pan.
5. To assemble your tacos, divide the flaked halibut among the tortillas and the peach salsa, done! Enjoy!
My Nutrition Ireland is a Nutritional & Health Consultancy which was set up by Thomas Coleman and his wife Jeeny Maltese in 2013. They understand the importance of Health and how it impacts on people, their well-being and performance both in the workplace, at home and in Sports Performance. It’s a marriage made in Heaven many would say.
Jeeny Maltese is a romantic, energetic girl from Venezuela and has a passion for Food, Health & Beauty without sacrificing taste; an extremely talented cook described as a “Latin Nigella Lawson” by many. Tom Coleman – her husband is a Nutritionist with a background in Science and Health Promotion, with a life time passion in Health, Sports & Science.
Together they have combined their passion into an exciting business with a growing following. Our aim is to spread the word that Healthy Eating with us is easy, quick, inexpensive, practical and sexy! Gorgeous food doesn’t have to be complicated and hard to reach.