Watch: Fresh Crab Toasts with Spiced Yoghurt Recipe by Clodagh McKenna
These Fresh Crab Toasts were created by chef Clodagh McKenna in association with The National Dairy Council. These easy canapes are served with a spiced yoghurt – showing the flavour and diversity of cooking with Irish dairy produce.
– 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
For the crab
– 220g fresh cooked crabmeat
– 2 scallions, thinly sliced
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for serving
– Juice and zest of 1 lemon
– For the spiced yoghurt
– 100ml plain yoghurt
– ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1.Mix together the crabmeat, sliced scallions, chopped fresh dill, lemon juice and zest in a bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Stir together the yogurt and crushed dried red pepper flakes in a small bowl and season with sea salt.
3. Slice the sourdough toasts into quarters, spoon the crabmeat mixture on the toasts and drizzle the spiced yogurt on top. Sprinkle the remaining fresh dill on top.
The National Dairy Council is delighted to announce that it is launching a special Christmas campaign with Irish Chef Clodagh Mckenna. Clodagh has created eight delicious festive recipes using the best of Irish produce, a range of indulgent treats to cook for friends and family this Christmas.
This Christmas enjoy the flavour and diversity of cooking with Irish dairy produce, whether it’s a farmhouse cheese soufflé or simply fresh cream on your Christmas pudding, you have it made with dairy!
To view all the recipes visit: www.ndc.ie/clodaghschristmasrecipes/