Fresh Fruit Ice Lollies Recipe by Neven Maguire
This Fresh Fruit Ice Lollies Recipe is perfect for when your child is teething, as they are very soothing on sore gums, which might put your baby off their food for a while. If you don’t want to go to the bother of making these – although they literally take just a few minutes – try using ready-made fruit smoothies or fresh juices straight from the carton. Just make sure to check that there are no added sugars or preservatives.
Makes 4 ice lollies
Watermelon & Raspberry Lollies
– ¼ watermelon
– 200g raspberries
1. Cut the flesh from the watermelon and remove the seeds.
2. Place in a food processor or blender with the raspberries. Blend until smooth, then strain through a sieve into a large jug. Pour into ice lolly moulds
and freeze for at least 4 hours.
3. To remove lollies from moulds, dip them briefly into hot water to loosen the lollies. Use as required.
Tropical Mango Lollies
– 2 ripe medium mangoes
– Juice of 2 limes
1. Peel the mangos and cut the flesh off the stone.
2. Place in a food processor or blender with the lime juice, then blitz until smooth. Finish as described above.
Blackberry & Orange Lollies
– 300g blackberries
– Juice of 2 oranges
1. Place the blackberries in a food processor or blender with the orange juice.
2. Blend until smooth, then press through a sieve into a large jug. Finish as described above.
Award-winning chef, Neven Maguire, is Head Chef/Owner of MacNean House & Restaurant in Blacklion, Co. Cavan. One of Ireland’s most talented and innovative chefs, Neven has been named ‘Best Chef in Ireland’ at numerous awards. His MacNean House & Restaurant has also been presented with many awards for best dining experience, food and hospitality and most recently ‘Best Wine Experience’ at the Hotel & Catering Review Gold Medal Awards 2015/16. Fulfilling a long-held dream, Neven officially opened his ‘Neven Maguire Cookery School’ alongside his restaurant late 2013.
His latest recipe book – The Nation’s Favourite Healthy Food – is on shelves now and his new series of Healthy Home Chef was broadcast to acclaim on RTÉ 1. Neven is currently filming his new series of Home Chef in Ireland and abroad. His previous series are being shown in the US (on PBS) and the UK (UKTV Food). His award-winning classic, Neven Maguire’s Complete Baby & Toddler Cookbook is also for sale in all good book stores or at Nevenmaguire.com.