Get a Taste of the Rebel Spirit at Taste Cork Week
A joint venture between Festival Cork and Taste Cork, Taste Cork Week, from 10th to 16th October, will be a true celebration of the outstanding food and drink Cork has to offer. Restaurants, pubs, cafés and hotels have been invited to join in and create their very own ‘Taste Cork’ experience through the dishes, menus and events they feature throughout the week.
Participants are currently busy planning their menus and events for the week, and will be promoting their offering over the coming weeks. The itinerary is filling up fast with exciting pop-up events by local food champions such as Arun Kapil of Green Saffron, Ruth Healy of URRU, Ali Honour of Ali’s Kitchen, Mayazaki, Kate Lawlor and much more! The week will also feature Fab Food Trails, producer focused showcase events and even pizza making classes paired with Franciscan Well craft beers.
In celebration of Big Bertha, Ireland’s oldest cow, Justin Green & Antony Jackson of Ballyvolane House Spirits Company will be hosting a Bertha’s Revenge Gin Distillery Tour & Tasting followed by a long-table lunch at Ballyvolane House. Speaking ahead of his event, Justin Green is “delighted to be participating in Taste Cork Week and looking forward to hosting the Bertha’s Revenge Gin Distillery tour and lunch. We will be putting place on a plate and enjoying Bertha tipples as well as telling the story of our food and drink journey so far.”
Speaking about the festival, Rebecca O’Keeffe, Taste Cork said “we are delighted to work with Ernest Cantillon and Eimear McCarthy of Festival Cork. Taste Cork strives towards uniting Cork’s food sector to ensure that our unique food heritage benefits from the attention it deserves. We are a regional invaluable for developing relationships within our local food sector, and present us with a platform to share ideas and spark moments of creativity.”
With the full schedule yet to be announced, there are already 20 venues signed up to host some amazing menus and tasting events through out the week:
– Wine and Cheese Tasting, Thursday 13th October
– Whiskey, Chocolate and Coffee Tasting , Saturday 15th October
– Cork inspired Craft Beer and Food Feast, Sunday 16th October
– firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings or enquiries
– Brian French Pop up restaurant
– Coffee and chocolate specials with Mahers Coffee and O Connaills Chocolate
– email@example.com for bookings or enquiries
– Spice Pop-up, hosted by Arun Kapil of Green Saffron
– Tuesday 11th October, 7:30pm seats for 8pm
– Priced at €35, including aperitif on arrival
– Please book your seat via reservations at Isaacs Restaurant: +353 (0)21 450 3805, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Berthas Revenge Gin Distillary Tour, Tasting and Long Table Lunch
– Wednesday 12th October at 12 noon €35 per person
– email@example.com for bookings or enquiries
– Chef Takashi Maiyasaki will be pairing up with Ali’s Kitchen for a special menu based on local ingredients
– Wedneaday 12th October
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org for booking
– The Franciscan Well Brewpub, Pompeii pizza & Toonsbridge Dairy will be teaming up for pizza making classes and beer pairing.three sessions with a Max of 10 people
– Monday 10th, Wednesday 12th & Sunday 16th
– All sessions will be run at 4pm and must be booked by emailing email@example.com
– As part of Taste Cork Week Longueville House Hotel are hosting a Mushroom Hunt
– Sunday 16th October
– Price per Adult: €85, includes Coffee/Homemade Cookies on arrival, Mushroom Hunt, Luncheon with Wine
– Price per Child (4 years – 13 years): €25, includes Milk & Cookies on arrival, Mushroom Hunt, Kiddies Luncheon with Farm Pressed Apple Juice
Special Taste Cork menus will also be available at Cafe Velo, The Kingsley Hotel , The Metropole Hotel, Sober Lane and Blarney Post Office Cafe, and Bierhaus House will host several tasting nights and beer and food pairings.
For more information on Festival Cork and the event itself, please visit www.festivalcork.com.