Goats’ Cheese, Bacon and Egg Salad with Walnuts Recipe from Bord Bia
Spruce up your salad with this goat’s cheese, bacon and egg salad with walnuts recipe – an easy and nutritious option for lunch or dinner.
– 8 streaky rashers
– 4 eggs
– 100g mixed leaves
– 75g mange-tout, thinly sliced lengthways
– 4 radishes, cut into matchsticks
– 100g creamy goats’ cheese
– 50g walnuts, lighted toasted in a dry pan
– Salt and freshly milled black pepper
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 1⁄4 tsp Dijon style mustard
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– Crusty sourdough bread, to serve
1. To cook the bacon: Place the rashers under a hot grill and cook until crispy. When they are cool enough to handle, chop them roughly.
2. To cook the eggs: Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for 7 minutes. The yolks will be cooked through, if you like them a bit runny reduce the time to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
3. To make the dressing: Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Taste and season.
4. To serve: Place the mixed leaves, mange-tout and radishes in a large bowl. Spoon over some of the dressing and mix gently. Divide between four plates and top with the bacon, eggs, goats’ cheese and roughly chopped walnuts. Drizzle over some more dressing. Serve with crusty sourdough bread.
World Egg Day is taking place on Friday 12th October and Bord Bia have developed a suite of nutritious and easy recipes to hero the egg. These recipes can be found at bordbia.ie/eggs.
Eggs are known to be high in protein, meaning they are the perfect meal option for post work outs and exercise. They are quick and easy to make and provide fuel for our busy daily lives. Bord Bia is encouraging people to get ‘cracking’ and create some delicious and versatile eggs dishes, in the coming weeks.
Remember to always look for the Bord Bia Quality Mark when purchasing eggs so that you know they have been produced to the highest Bord Bia quality standards and where they come from.