Goats’ Cheese, Broccoli and Pea Frittata Recipe from Bord Bia
The addition of cumin livens up the flavour of this family friendly frittata recipe. You can either use ground cumin or cumin seeds which you can dry roast in a pan and grind yourself.
– 8 eggs
– 1 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
– 1 small onion, finely diced
– 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely
– 1 tsp cumin
– 80g frozen peas, defrosted
– 50g broccoli florets
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 75g goats’ cheese
1. Pre heat the grill to medium.
2. Heat the oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan (approximately 22-24cm). Add the onions and garlic and fry gently until softened. Add the cumin and stir it through the onion mixture.
3. Add the peas and broccoli to the pan and toss gently for a couple of minutes.
4. Beat the egg in a large bowl. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
5. Add the mixture from the pan into the egg mixture and stir. Reheat the pan with a little oil.
6. Add the egg mixture. Dot teaspoons of the goats’ cheese over the eggs.
7. Cook for several minutes over a low heat until just about set at the edges but still wobbly in the middle.
8. Place the frying pan under the hot grill and cook for a few minutes until fully set, keep an eye on it as it can over cook easily.
9. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, and then loosen the edges with a spatula and slide onto a large plate or board. Cut into wedges and serve warm with a salad.
Bord Bia, the Irish Food Board, aims to bring the taste of Irish food to more tables world-wide. Their mission is to drive through market insight and, in partnership with industry, the commercial success of a world class Irish food, drink and horticulture industry.
For more information, www.bordbia.ie