Cocu Healthy Green Pea Pancakes Recipe by Chef Emilia Rowan
This green pea pancakes recipe is a staple on the brunch menu at Cocu on Chatham Street and makes for a delicious savoury take on the traditional weekend sweet treat. These pancakes are packed with goodness and are gluten-free so pile them high with toppings like avocado and poached eggs for the perfect start to the day.
– 600 g peas
– 1/2 red onion, diced
– 1 handful fresh mint
– 3/4 cup gluten-free cornflour
– 2 large eggs
– salt and pepper to season
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 1 handful mint, flat-leaf parsley and coriander
– Handful rocket
– 50g feta
– 1/2 an avocado
– poached or soft boiled eggs
1.Blanch peas for 10 seconds in boiling water, strain and cool.
2.In a food processor add blanched peas, diced red onion, mint, cornflour and 2 eggs. Pulse the food processor until half the peas are blended. Season as necessary.
3. In a hot non-stick pan add coconut oil and fry about 1 cup of pea mix until golden brown. Flip over and repeat on the other side.
4. Place cooked pea pancake on a plate and garnish with fresh herb and feta salad, avocado and a poached or soft boiled egg.
Emilia Rowan is the founder of Cocu, which has three branches in Chatham Street, Hatch Street and Baggot Street. Cocu serves fast, quick and healthy dishes crafted out of unprocessed, whole foods packing a nutritional as well as flavoursome punch. Cocu prides itself on the use of high quality, Irish produce locally sourced to create vibrant and original dishes. All dishes are nutritionally assessed by Registered Dietician Orla Walsh to ensure they are as balanced and wholesome as they are delicious.