Ireland’s Best Bartenders will Compete to Represent Ireland at Diplomatico Rum World Tournament in Venezuela
Eleven of the best bartenders in Ireland will compete next Monday 24th of October for a place in the international semi-finals of the Diplomatico Rum World Tournament, which will be held in Venezuela in April 2017. Contenders and personalities from the Irish drinks industry will meet at The Sidecar in Dublin’s luxury hotel, The Westbury on the date.
The finalists will showcase their talents for expert judges – Rafael Agapito (Alan Clancy Group), Gillian Boyle (Hang Dai Restaurant and Music Bar), Patricia Murphy (independent.ie) and Declan Byrne (Bartending Association of Ireland).
Six shortlisted participants will be challenged that evening with the task of creating a brand new cocktail featuring the exclusive Diplomatico Mantuano. After that, one winner will be selected to represent Ireland at the continental semi-finals in Venezuela in April 2017.
Not only they’ll be judged on their creativity and technical expertise, but they’ll also be evaluated on their charisma, elegance and passion.
Diplomatico’s Export Director, Patrick Rabion, explains: “We are looking for the best bartender in the world, one who, in addition to his or her technical skills, embodies Diplomatico’s values. Diplomatico Rum strongly believes that the best bartender in the world is one who combines all these elements.”
At the Diplomatico Rum World Tournament, they will compete against the world’s top mixologists from 40 different nations to secure a place in the global finals which will be held in London in June 2017.
The Irish national finalists and their cocktail inventions are:
– Pat Thomas, Zozimus Dublin – Trade Winds
– Fabio Ciccarelli , The Horse Shoe Bar at The Shelbourne Dublin – Touch the Heart
– Edvinas Rudzinskas, The Westenra Arms Hotel Monaghan – Master’s Punch
– Michal Lis, The Sidecar at The Westbury, Dublin – Jazz After Hours
– Ryan Sheridan, Billy Byrnes, Kilkenny, Yo Soy Venezolana
– Chris Simon, JT Pim’s Dublin – Daiquiri de Seco
– Matthew Cahill, McCambridges of Galway – 2 Bean or not to Bean
– Phoebe Fairbairn, Wigwam Dublin – Diplo Disco
– Michael Gadzala, Cliff House Hotel Ardmore, Waterford -El Libertador
– Richard Delahoyde, VCC, Dublin, – Dark Elixir
– Chris Crowley, Sophie’s at The Dean Hotel, Dublin – Musket
The winner of the Diplomático World Tournament will be awarded the prestigious title of “Diplomático’s World Best Bartender”, and will receive $10,000 USD in prize money. The second place will receive $5,000 USD and the third one $2,500 USD.
More information: rondiplomatico.com/home