Kale Loaf with Feta and Roasted Squash Recipe from M&S
Kick start your New Year with the delicious Kale Loaf with Feta and Roasted Squash from M&S. To re-create at home simply follow the recipes below.
– 350g diced butternut squash
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 100g kale
– 20g salted butter
– 30g fresh breadcrumbs
– 6 eggs
– 200ml milk
– 1 tbsp chopped dill fronds
– 100g feta
– Green salads
Remove the tough stalks from the kale. Soften the salted butter. Crumble the feta.
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6
2. Put the squash on a baking tray and drizzle with the oil
3. Toss gently to coat, and season with salt and pepper
4. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through and beginning to char at the edges
5. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool, reduce the oven temperature to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3
6. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil.
7. Add the kale and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until still bright green but starting to soften
8. Drain in a colander and run under cold water until cool, then squeeze in a clean tea towel to remove excess moisture
9. Grease a 2lb non-stick loaf tin with the butter
10. Add the breadcrumbs and shake gently to coat the bottom and sides of the tin, then tip out any excess crumbs
11. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until light and bubbly
12. Fold in the squash, kale, dill and feta, then season with salt and pepper
13. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes, or until the filling is just set and golden on top (the middle should spring back to the touch).
14. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes, then turn out to cool completely
15. Best served at room temperature with a green salad.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie.